Sunday, March 26, 2017

Take a pick!

- DC and Delaware have a higher percentage of women than other states.
- In Mississippi you risk the most being assaulted, losing your job or getting affected by climate disasters.
- Oregon is nicknamed the Beaver State , which is why this state's sports clubs proudly depict beavers on their emblems.
- MO is the abbreviation for Missouri, not Montana.

These and other facts are to be concluded from Factmonster, a really useful page if you want to retrieve instant facts on a state. That's also where I stumbled across Zion national park in Utah.

Now I had heard about Yellowstone and Yosemite like most of you probably have, yet Zion did not ring a bell. At all. So I'm glad it popped up on my screen. Especially after seeing these beautiful pictures!


This spectacular canyon lies in southern Utah and offers tourists activities that assure a lifetime experience. If you're into biking, hiking or rock climbing this is definitely an epic place to be. For me, an adventure in an authentic US national park would be like a dream come true. Yellowstone has intrigued me for a long time, though dramatic predictions about earthquakes and geisers exploding have frightened me. Zion then seems like an undisturbed piece of nature and would fit much better as my next overseas destination.
An overview of USnational Parks, take a pick!



In week 13 I'm asking you to present a state that has made an impression on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment